Sat, Mar 03|
Ink To Paper Workshop - Intro to Calligraphy by Catherine Cartie
Time & Location
Mar 03, 2018, 10:00 AM
The Collective, 3608 Pershing Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
About The Event
The Ink to Paper Workshop covers the basics of Copperplate and Modern pointed pen calligraphy, no prior experience is necessary. The workshop is great for anyone who really wants to dive into calligraphy full force OR anyone who just wants a fun getaway for a few hours to learn a new skill with some friends.
The purchase of a ticket to this event Includes:
- 2 hours of instruction plus an extra 30 minutes for questions and extra practice
- All necessary supplies for the class and to continue practicing your skills at home after the event.
- Supplies Include: One Speedball oblique pen holder, Two Nikko G nibs, One Inkwell full of Higgins Eternal ink and wooden holder, Grid Line Paper, Two Alphabet Exemplars, presentation envelope, Personalized clipboard by Catherine Cartie, and extra fun goodies!
- An in depth resource handout created by Catherine specifically for this course
- Mimosas and light refreshments
- After Event Sip & Shop: Private shopping with The Collective retailers after the event.
Purchase is final. In the event that you cannot attend the workshop, you may find someone to take your place but no refunds or exchanges are available. Thanks for understanding :)
Why "Ink to Paper?"
I'm a stay at home mom to two precious boys, and while I am so happy with them being my world, I had an itch for a creative outlet. I took a calligraphy class three years ago on a total whim, and I am so glad that I did. I had no intention of ever starting a business, but because I was having so much fun and what I was doing seemed to be in demand, it just kind of happened! Ok - that's not totally true. I did love what I was doing, but I spent about 8 months hemming and hawing and telling myself that nobody cared about it. I daydreamed about possibly doing this for actual money, but I'm a cautious person by nature and needed to overthink it for a while. One day, I decided to put ink to paper and just DO it. Put myself out there. It's scary to look at that big blank sheet of paper staring back at you, taunting you, telling you it's not the right time or you're not good enough and you're going to ruin it because it's so pretty and unblemished, but once you quit making excuses and just make that first mark, everything else seems a lot easier. If this sounds all too familiar to you and something beautiful inside you is itching to come out, I want to help you make your first mark!
- Ticket type
Catherine Cartie CalligraphyPrice$150.00